April 9, 2010

Feelin' Green

'Sup, homies? It's spring all up in this...er...place! The last week has been absolutely beautiful: 80 degrees, leaves coming out on trees, Magnolia trees in full bloom, cherry and pear blossoms, and even a few thunderstorms.

So what have I been up to? Interviews, subbing for 2nd graders, painting a musical set, and enjoying a beautiful Easter Sunday, that's what!

What else, you ask? Well, I got a new acoustic-electric guitar which is absolutely beautiful. I even learned how to play this song on it! I'm so classy.

Finally, I just tried out this awesome Oil Cleansing Method on my skin...and let me tell you, it was the real deal. I mixed 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil, 4 Tbsp of Castor Oil and 1tsp of Tea Tree Oil together, rubbed it on my skin, and then used a warm wash cloth to steam it. It. Was. Awesome. At first I was wary of rubbing cooking oil and an oil I found in the laxative section of the grocery store all over my face. "Won't this make my face feel greasy? Won't I feel like I'm about to saute my face?" Well, the answer is no. My skin feels refreshed and soft and not at ALL greasy.

I'll keep you posted though; if I wake up tomorrow morning with olive oil acne, I'll be a little annoyed. But right now, I'm converted! It was super cheap, easy, and natural.

Next thing to try? Going shampoo free!

1 comment:

  1. look at you, green bean!

    i've been interested in that, too, although no 'poo always seemed a bit complicated. waiting with bated breath for your results:)

    ReplyDelete