February 16, 2009

Navel-Gazing At Its Finest

A blog. I'm creating a blog.

This is a mixed-reactions moment for me. I'm doing it intentionally and voluntarily, so obviously I think that there are some good aspects of blogging. On the other hand, it feels a little vain and even more silly. What am I going to write about in this thing? I think the goal will be to share the little things I enjoy daily - art projects, poems I find, snippets of internet culture, prayers written by people wiser than me, and a few thoughts about all of these things.

And I will probably just write about how ridiculous my life is, in general.

To start, I'll share my current project (aside from all of the work that goes into my fine education, that is). I learned how to crochet a few weeks ago, and since then I've been hard at work on making granny squares. Eventually (as in, 30 years from now at the rate I'm going) I'll crochet all of these cute little squares into a quaint afghan to enjoy forever!

Here is the blanket that inspired it all:

523885009_5852931cb5_o

And here's about how far I am now (I have a variety of the squares hanging on my corkboard at my desk, so that I can be inspired by them and pick up the hook to keep going):

granny squares2 004

At any rate, they're fun to make and they don't take long. And I love putting together colors! I'm excited to see the blanket as a whole on that distant day when it becomes a reality.

Well, so there's a start. I'll share more pictures of the granny square blanket as it progresses.

2 comments:

  1. yay stef! love the granny squares:) although, i hafta say, they remind me a little of that infomercial in the eighties, where you wrapped yarn around a little do-dad, popped it off, and TA-DA! granny sqaure-ish things. (yours are MUCH prettier, tho:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah Ta-da I love them to and love that you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete